When you want to enhance your hot tub experience even further, consider one of today’s hottest design trends, the outdoor room. An outdoor room is a relaxed environment for private enjoyment or casual entertaining that can transform your hot tub experience.
As a private and a social extension of the home, a hot tub centred “living room” can bring the indoors outside while offering the perfect space for privacy and socializing. Outdoor rooms are incredible additions because they offer extra space for relaxation, enjoying family time, barbecuing, or having a hot tub party with guests so you can spend more time outdoors all year round.
Here’s how to create an amazing outdoor room of your own.
Consider Your Style Preferences
An outdoor room should always match your style. You can create a space that is as casual, sophisticated, or rustic as you like, but it’s important to have a sense of your style before you get started. In considering your outdoor room, apply the five “basics” of interior design, including:
- Floor Coverings: What types of floor coverings will go under and around the hot tub? Consider utilizing decks, hardscape, lawns, or gardens, depending on the atmosphere you want to create.
- Wall Decor: Will you use wall decor like screens, trellises, hanging plants, or a gazebo? What kinds of decor or colors most suit your style?
- Lighting: What kind of lighting is right for you? Many hot tub dealers offer a variety of soft, colourful lighting options.
- Furnishings: Will you include patio tables and chairs, planters, or other pieces? What kinds of fabrics and colours will look best?
- Accessories: Do you want to entertain with a full bar and stools? Add music with an outdoor stereo? Create a family-friendly space to barbecue? Make a list of accessories that will create the environment you’ve been dreaming of.
Keep It Simple
A backyard outdoor room doesn’t need to be overly complicated, and you may not even need a professional landscaper to create an incredible space. You may just need to tweak your current landscape slightly to create a beautiful, personalized environment for your hot tub.
If you aren’t sure where to begin with planning, your local pool and spa dealer can help you create a luxurious, built-in hot tub plan. Hydropool offer a wide variety of hot tub colours and styles, plus the accessories you need. We can also help you easily and affordably install a unique hot tub including half-in and half-out of the ground options, stone, brick, or wood decking, beautiful foliage for privacy, and more.
Get Started With 3 Simple Steps
To get started on your outdoor room, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Identify the area where you’ll place your outdoor room. Make sure your plan includes a solid foundation for the hot tub and an electrical outlet.
- Measure the area, including space for decking, plants, trees, paths, and other features. Look online to find the sizes and specifications for your hot tub to ensure the perfect fit.
- Create your dream room. From natural beauty to sophisticated dining areas, the sky is truly the limit.
Orleans Hot Tubs & Pools
We specialize in the sale of Hydropool hot tubs & swim spas for Central/East Ottawa, specifically Orléans and parts of Eastern Ontario. We carry a great variety of water care products and specialize in water testing and training our clients on the proper care of their equipment.
3-860 Taylor Creek Drive